Riding Academy Programs
Welcome to Al Shaqab’s Riding Academy.
Our mission is to educate and promote horsemanship as part of Qatar’s equestrian heritage in line with the overall vision of Al Shaqab to be the leading equine center of excellence.
Al Shaqab’s Riding Academy has set forth an ambitious new equine education curriculum for the 2021-22 academic year. The comprehensive new curriculum will train students to be proficient riders and will prepare them for both local and international competitions by the time they complete the full program.
We offer 3 types of Riding:
Riding Academy Program for children 6 to18 years old. This comprises 12 riding lessons in groups of 6 students, 4 theory and 4 stable management lessons per month. Each lesson is 45 minute duration.
Registration fees: QR 1,000 and Monthly fees: QR 3,000.
Adult Group Classes. Students aged 18 years and above will undergo 12 riding lessons per month in groups of 6. Each lesson is 45 minute duration.
Registration fees: QR 1,000 and Monthly fees: QR 3,000.
Adult Private Classes. Students aged 18 years and above will have 12 one-on-one riding lessons per month. Each lesson is 45 minute duration.
Registration fees: QR 1,000 and Monthly fees: QR 6,000.
The new curriculum is divided into 4 levels, namely:
1. Newcomer Level,
2. Beginner Levels 1 & 2,
3. Intermediate Levels 1,2 & 3,
4. Advance Levels 1 & 2.
This level is meant for students who have never rode on a horse before. The curriculum is designed to start students on their horse riding journey and learn the basics of riding including mounting and dismounting, lunge line lessons with students learning to steer and develop their riding position and balance. This level will help students to develop their own self-confidence in handling a horse moving forward. Estimated time to complete this level: 1 month.
Beginner Levels 1 & 2
This level is designed to develop the students’ mental and physical abilities in order to use increased skills of leg, seat and rein commands. Students will learn more in depth knowledge of handling the horse including half halt, walk and trot in a group, school figures, correct use of commands/aids, balance and good postures. Estimated time to complete this level: 8 to 12 months (4 to 6 months per level).
Intermediate Levels 1, 2 & 3
Advance Levels 1 & 2
Theory and Stable Management Lessons
All levels will have theory and practical stable management classes weekly to improve students’ knowledge and horsemanship skills.
- Students must always remain aware and not stand behind any horse for their own safety both in the arenas or stable areas.
- There are risks involved in riding and interacting with horses which could result in horses reacting unpredictably in certain occasion and could cause fall off or injury.
- For their safety, students must follow any instructions that are given by Al Shaqab designated staff.
- Instructor or Equine Education Administration may refuse students’ request to ride for safety or operational reasons.
- Students are responsible for all their personal items and Al Shaqab will not be responsible for loss or damage to those items.
- Participation in competitions carries an extra risk over and above general riding. Students who choose to participate in any competition or event must ensure that they have the experience and ability to ride the course. If in doubt, students should use their judgment and not participate.
- Students who find themselves in an unsafe situation or are not experienced enough to resolve the issue, should notify their instructor immediately.
Code of Conduct
Students joining the academy, must adhere to our code of conduct. This is to ensure their safety as well as that of their fellow students. It would also assist in the smooth running of our operations:
- Students are expected to arrive and be ready for their classes in a timely manner. Students should present themselves a minimum of 10 minutes prior to the start of the class to avoid any disruptions or delays.
- No student will be allowed to participate in a class if they arrive later than 10 minutes after the scheduled start time of the class.
- All students should have a respectful behaviour towards their instructors including all staff members of Al Shaqab.
- No loud or aggressive behaviour towards instructors, fellow students or other staff of Al Shaqab shall be tolerated.
- Dress code to be followed for every class:
- Riding Academy t-Shirt– colour coded based on their curriculum level,
- Long or short riding boots,
- Riding helmet with approved safety standards,
- Riding breeches (trousers),
- Riding gloves,
- Body protector
- No parent will be allowed to give instruction to their child from the outside of the arena or cause disruption of any kind during the class. If a parent has any queries, they may discuss with the instructor before the class starts or after the end of the class.
- No student is to be mounted unattended on a horse unless permission is given to do so by the instructor.
- Students must always handle all horses and equipment with utmost care and respect.
- No loud shouting or running is permitted in and around arenas, stable areas or administration buildings.
- Terms of cancellation and termination polices that involve misbehavior within Al Shaqab Facilities will be applied at all times.
- Students will be made responsible for any intentional damage caused to any Al Shaqab property
- In case of any emergency, students are to communicate with an instructor/staff immediately as their main focal point.
- Failing to comply with the code of conduct will result in disciplinary action and could result in permanent expulsion, if the offenses are repeated.
To access our Riding Academy Registration website, Click here
For members inquires:
For non-members inquires:
Sunday to Thursday
Al Shaqab, member of Qatar Foundation, is gearing up to welcome talented young riders from around the world to the second edition of the Al Shaqab Internations Camp.
Doha, Jan 8th Al Shaqab, a member of Qatar Foundation, will conduct the inaugural Al Shaqab Showjumping Competition on January 10 and 11, at the Al Shaqab Indoor Arena.
Student Riders compete in Olympic disciplines of showjumping and dressage
The curriculum-based equine education will train student riders at various levels in the art of horsemanship
The Equine Education Department (EED) of Al Shaqab, member of Qatar Foundation, is hosting a Parents’ Orientation Program to reintroduce the academic system for its riding academy. The event, which will be held on September 4 and 5, is being organized to apprise parents of the school’s riders on the curriculum that will be followed.